Monday, July 21, 2008

The wierdest things to bring to the UK

It's my last day in SG. Since I only have at most another 6mths in the UK, my luggage is packed with 10% clothes, 10% toiletries, and 80% food.

Food includes the typical MUST HAVE items such as:
-Bak Kwa (request from my angmoh colleagues. Yes, they LOVE bak kwa! Seriously, we should make this our national food.)
- Chilli sauces e.g. maggie chilli sauce, sambal chilli etc...
- Instant noodles (cheaper and much more variety in SG than overseas).
- Kaya spread.

And some GOOD TO HAVE items:
-Durian flavoured cookies and sweets (to erm.. "educate" my angmoh colleagues).
- Canned vegetarian food e.g. zai pao yu, lou han zai (because they're almost non-existent overseas).
- Cooking seasonings
- Dried food e.g. hei bee (dried shrimps), guava etc...
- Tau Sa Pau
- Kueh lapis

And some items that I NEVER imagined that I'll bring:
- Fresh chinese vegetables!
Yes, vegetables. SGD 0.50 worth of Xiao Bai Chai cost around SGD 3 in the UK! Bittergourd can only be found in Chinatown at an exorbitant prices. So, I guess cheapo me just can't resist the temptation. 2 weeks worth of chinese vegetables was definitely NOT enough to compensate for 1 year's worth of deprivation! Actually, 2 weeks worth of SG food is NOT enough!!!!! It kinda just make me dread returning back to the UK. :(

I hope I don't get stopped at the customs. Else it's gonna be embarrassing... Really embarrassing... :p

No comments: